Daniela Bozzetto was born in 1971 in Turin, Italy, where she graduated from The Academy of Fine Arts in 1997. Since then, she has been active as an artist and art teacher, both in Italy and abroad.
Her photographs and installations show the power of small and hidden things by exploring the qualities and the potential of simple, ordinary materials. Thereby, Daniela brings something to life that lies beyond the tangible reality, not being manifest directly. Her photos originate from reality, but it is not clear whether these scenes are really there. As in a vision, the physical matter is transcended and sublimated into something ethereally pure. Time seems to slow down and a dreamy, meditative atmosphere is created.
In Daniela’s photographs, there is a balance between order and disorder, between harmony and chaos, whereby both permeate each other. The artist blurs the line between different sensations, between lyrical and analytical, sensual and strict, welcoming and unsettling. The viewer is invited to approach and to contemplatively connect with the subtle.
The artist currently lives and works in Zurich.
- 1971: Born in Turin, Italy
- 1997: Bachelor in Arts after studying at the Liceo Artistico Aldo Passoni and the Accademia Albertina di Belle Arti in Turin
- 1998: Starts writing for the transcultural magazine Miele.mag
- 2003: Art teacher at the City of Islington College, London
- 2006: Art residency «Art and Territory», Santa Sofia, Italy
- 2011: Art residency in Paris: Fondation MCX & Societé 23 Janvier
- 2017: Art teacher in Zurich
Selected Exhibitions & Projects
- 2020: «Leere und Irrelevanz», Künstlerhaus Ulm, Germany
- 2015: «Home and Dream», 15th International Photography Festival, Pingyao, China
- 2014: «Alimento dell’anima», 65th Edition Michetti Award, Michetti Foundation, Francavilla al Mare, Italy
- 2013: «Cahuita Project», Cahuita, Costa Rica
- 2012: «Hydromemories», Natural Sciences Museum, Turin, Italy
- 2011: 54th Venice Biennale, Regional Pavilion, Alessandria, Italy
- 2011: «Disturbances and Disorders», Alessandria Biennale of Photography, Alessandria, Italy
- 2006: «49° Campigna Award», Contemporary Art Museum Vero Stoppioni, Santa Sofia, Italy
- 2006: «Vacui», Contemporary Art Research Centre, Cremona, Italy
- 2007: Pagine Bianche d’Autore Prize
- 2007: Azimut Ten Years Jury Award