MOMENTS OF INTIMACY
Sensual Nude, Portrait & Street Photographs
22 August – 19 September 2020 l WBB GALLERY l Invitation
What exactly does intimacy mean and where does this strong human need for closeness come from?
The exhibition «Moments of Intimacy» explores these questions photographically, both from historical and contemporary perspectives. Sensual vintage photographs by grand masters such as Helmut Newton, Edward Weston, or Ruth Bernhard are juxtaposed with contemporary photographs by Dutch event photographer Marco Reeuwijk, supplemented by iconic portraits by American photojournalist Steve McCurry (cover image: «Afghan Girl» (1984), C-Print , 50 × 60 cm). The works on display, however different they may be, have one thing in common: they show people in touching moments of complete authenticity, be it in states of vulnerability, devotion or beauty. Such moments in life make it clear that we are all connected and dependent on each other.
All works staged are for sale. Most of the vintage prints come from the private collection of Enrico Bauer.
We are looking forward to your visit.
- Enrico Bauer (*1960, CH)
- Ruth Bernhard (1905 – 2006, USA)
- Brad Cole (*1957, USA)
- Robert George (USA)
- Camille Lenore (*1983, USA)
- Russell Levin (1954, USA)
- Steve McCurry (*1950, Magnum-Fotograf, USA)
- Tom Millea (1944 – 2015, USA)
- Ryuijie (*1950, JAP/USA)
- Richard Newman (*1952, USA)
- Helmut Newton (1920 – 2004, D/USA)
- Marco Reeuwijk (1973, NL)
- Jean-Loup Sieff (1933 – 2000, F)
- Jock Sturges (1947, USA)
- Jerry Uelsmann (1934, USA)
- Robert Werling (1946, USA)
- Edward Weston (1886 – 1958, USA)
- John Wimberley (1945, USA)