Peter Raba, born in 1936 in Murnau (Bavaria), studied German language and literature, theater history, and psychology at Munich’s Maximilian University. He then worked as an editor and director at Bavarian Broadcasting in the 1960s. Afterwards, he advanced to become an internationally sought-after fashion and advertising photographer. After a second career as a therapist, Peter Raba has found his way back to art and photography in recent years. He has developed his own style of photographic composition under the terms «magic painting» and «light art». He has published more than two dozen books, including various photography and art volumes.
Peter Raba is one of the winners of the WBB AWARD 2017 (2nd price). He lives and works in Murnau at Staffelsee, Bavaria. He will show his photographic works for the first time in Switzerland in 2018.
- 1936: born in Murnau, Bavaria
- 1962: Completion of studies of German philology, theater history, and psychology in Munich
- 1963: Editor and director for the radio station «Bayerischer Rundfunk» (BR-3)
- 1968: Freelance photographer and illustrator
- 1976: Diploma as homeopathic practitioner, sinc ethen working as practitioner and lecturer for homeopathy
- 2017: Winner of the WBB AWARD 2017: 2nd price in the category LIGHT
- Wikipedia about Peter Raba