Peter Wallimann started drawing and writing at the age of 16 and soon discovered his love for graphics, design, and photography. In parallel to a scientific education as a chemist, he created drawings and ink graphics over the years, always looking for the wholy grail of «sacred geometry», as found in the highly developed ornamentation of India and Persia, and in the mystical work of Emma Kunz. From the millennium onwards, Peter studied digital design and created a graphics project termed Sensigns®, inspired by universal patterns and by OpArt. In parallel, Peter took ten years of intensive photography in Nature, fascinated with insects, flowers, and other small creatures. The artist became known to a broader public in 2018 with the photographic art project Natura Poetica showing digitally manipulated Nature photographs of butterflies and dragonflies against a stellar background.
Peter lives and works in the greater Zurich area. He has written three literary works and numerous articles on various topics. He has been Art Director of WBB GALLERY since 2015. Since then, he has curated two dozen exhibitions and produced several art videos.
Video created in 2020 by Peter Wallimann based on the Sensigns project.
«Solar Sphere» is a digital staging of a luminous body made of interwoven geometric spheres against a black background.
- 1965: Born in Lucerne, Switzerland
- 1986: Five-year study of chemistry and physics at the University of Zurich
- 1991: Beginn of a four-year doctoral study at the ETH Zürich
- 1997: Two-year post-doctoral research study at M.I.T., Boston, Massachusetts, USA
- 1999: Graphical works and study of digital design
- 2001: Work as a Scientific Editor for an international publisher, followed by a management career in the Swiss Chemical industries
- 2006: First solo exhibition in Berne at «Rigassi Gallery»
- 2009: Intensive training as coach
- 2011: Foundation of practice LICHTGANG, then working for seven years as a private coach & therapist
- 2011: Publication of the poetry book «Kleiner Finger» (Little Finger), Tamaron Verlag, Lungern
- 2015: Foundation of WBB GALLERY and start of curatory work
- 2017: Publication of aphorisms book «Weisheit oder Wahnsinn» (Wisdom or Madness), Alata Verlag, Elsau
- 2020: Publication of the short stories «König & Bruder Narr» (King & Brother Fool), Smart & Nett Verlag, Munich
- 2020: Group show, MIXTURA, WBB Gallery, Zurich
- 2019: Swiss Art Expo, Main Station (HB), Zurich
- 2019: Solo show, «Natura Poetica», Papiliorama, Kerzers
- 2018: Solo show, «Natura Poetica – A Photographic Journey into the Hidden», WBB GALLERY, Zurich
- 2015: Group show: WBB Collection, WBB GALLERY, Zurich
- 2011: Solo show, «KlangKreise» (Sound Circles), Kronen-Galerie, Zurich
- 2006: Solo show, «Sensigns – A Sensual Journey», Rigassi Gallery, Berne